The resulting profiles are split between use for JPG files within Photoshop and use for RAW files within Adobe Camera Raw (denoted by Raw in the profile name. The name describes the lens and the aperture at which is was generated. The profiles for Nex 5N with FD 24/2.8, FD 50/1.4 and FD 100/2.8, but I assume they can also be of benefit to other Nex users with these lenses:
FD24/2.8 (@2.8, 4, 5.6, 8) FD50/1.4 (@1.4, 2.8), FD100/2.8 (@2.8, 4)
Since I could not find something like this in the web or at Adobe, I post it here for common use as long as the files are not manipulated.
Link to Winzip-File Lens Profiles Nex 5N Canon FD lenses
The files have to be copied to one of these directories:
User profiles location:
- Mac OSX: /Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
- Windows 7 or Vista: C:\User\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
Shared profiles location:
- Mac OSX: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
- Windows 7 or Vista: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
Provided as is without any kind of warranty or support. Please note that files with the end "vign" indicate that the Creator SW was not quite satisfied regarding vignetting accuracy with the JPG pictures I provided. The same pictures as Raw version worked just fine.